www.chesskid.com is the official online partner for both Sarah Hegarty Chess and the UK Chess Challenge. Chesskid has been especially designed for children and has many safety features built in so you can feel confident knowing your child is safe using chesskid. Using chesskid you can
- Use the ‘Learn / Lessons’ tool to watch informative videos and answer test questions to progress through the topics
- Play against the computer (‘bots’)
- Play against other children from local schools
Many of the chesskid features are free. However, by upgrading to Gold you get some additional features such as
- Accessing all lessons
- Unlimited puzzles and videos
If you decide to upgrade to gold please make sure to use the discount code UKCHESS on checkout to receive a 20% discount on annual plans.
How to register
All members of our schools program will automatically be assigned a username and password and your child will receive a login card at school. If they have not brought this home then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you. Usernames include the name of the school so children can see who they are competing against.
We will hold regular tournaments on chesskid. To register for a tournament – login to chesskid and look out for the orange button on the right hand side of the screen with the tournament name on. Click on here to register for the tournament. Please note you can only register when there is less than 15 minutes to go before the start of the tournament.
- Every player plays every round – it is not a knockout
- The next round starts when every other game has finished
- Each players has a limited amount of time on their “clock” – when this expires you will ‘lose on time’ !
- Be careful not to click away from the tournament screen whilst in progress
- Tournaments do not work on the app and we reccomend using a desktop rather than phone or tablet